MPPT Solar Charge Controller Explained
Solar panels harness solar energy by using it for power generation. These solar panels require a medium to regulate the energy flow between the module and battery. Solar charge controllers are the medium that helps in controlling the device’s performance.
However, the working of Maximum Power Point Tracker or MPPT is not just limited to regulating the energy. It has other roles that supplement the solar power system’s optimum performance. Read the article below to know more.
Why is an MPPT Solar Charge Controller used?
MPPT solar charge controller ensures proper and balanced electricity charge at all times. It is primarily the medium that filters the quantity of electricity to be passed on further. It prevents solar panels and batteries from malfunctioning due to extreme current fluctuations.
MPPT charge controllers are used to eradicate the following issues:
1. Impromptu power fluctuations: When the panels begin charging in the morning with sunlight, it might happen with a shudder. Power fluctuations may damage the electrical equipment due to the sudden and extreme current flow. But MPPT controllers are built to fix this problem.
Charge controllers help in regulating the current flowing through the solar panels. It neutralizes the fluctuations and ensures the smooth functioning of the batteries. Hence, MPPT solar charge controllers act as a medium between the PV modules and the power system to ensure its safe and smooth functioning.
2. Deviate current flow: The solar panels circulate solar energy throughout the day. However, when the batteries get charged to their maximum capacity, the power must be deviated from passing to the batteries. An MPPT, in this case, helps shift the PV module’s operating point. It shuts down the panels to prevent them from overcharging since it tends to damage the device and increases the risk of hazards.
How does a Solar Charge Controller work?
MPPT converts the DC output from solar panels, which is in higher voltage, to lower voltage. This current charges the batteries, and the power is transmitted to the rest of the electric circuit. It helps stabilize the current fluctuations due to varying sunlight input in the solar panels.
Besides regulating the fluctuation, MPPT solar charge controller continually tracks the PV voltage for adequate solar panel functioning. The energy input varies due to unstable atmospheric conditions (such as weather, season, temperature, etc.). In given situations, manual power supply tracking is likely to be faulty.
MPPT helps overcome such challenges by supervising and adjusting the current rate digitally. It ensures the battery is charged safely at a constant power supply rate. MPPT is a significant component of your solar power generation systems.
Consult a Fire & Safety Solution Expert today!
How is MPPT by VNT a sensible choice?
In a country with grandiose sunlight availability and lesser national electricity grid systems, conventional diesel generators (DG) are critical in resolving power generation issues. However, the DG operating expenses are high due to fuel transportation and equipment maintenance.
Therefore, the solar and diesel hybrid solution becomes a viable alternative for meeting energy demands in areas with optimal sunlight. The solar array curbs the problems regarding generator runtime and the overall OPEX with its high-capacity and good-cycle-performance battery.
The MPPT controller is an essential piece of equipment in the PV-module power systems. The quality of such critical equipment must justify its role. At VNT, we develop promising solutions in every aspect, be it quality, durability, cost-effectiveness, etc.
At VNT, we have upskilled our expertise and solutions in numerous ways over our years of experience. Our telecom domain has many high-efficiency solutions to resolve your solar power-related issues. Our MPPT charge controllers are ideal for your solar power systems for their following features:
1. Efficiency: It provides up to 99% performance efficiency throughout the product’s lifetime. Its efficient energy management reduces the use of DG sets, providing longer service intervals.
2. Durability: It has a product life of more than ten years. Given the time and resources invested in PV module installations, it must ensure that it provides the maximum output and justified durability. Hence, our MPPT charge controllers improve and extend the asset life of the DG sets.
3. Safety: It has input transient protection and a galvanic isolation design. It also mitigates the impact of diesel thefts. Thus, it provides prevention against potential risks and threats and safeguards the equipment in various aspects.
4. Application: It applies on all parallel, positive and negative grounds with exceptional working capacity. It also suits all 3G, 4G, 5G base stations; satellite communication ground stations; off-grid/unstable grid areas; and other telecom applications.
5. Thermal solution: It also has a front-to-back fan to reduce thermal discrepancies. It also reduces CO2 emissions. Reducing the OPEX up to 80% contributes to substantial savings on diesel use.
Exceeding the limits will only cause harm!
Solar energy has always been the most convenient and viable form of energy. Being a renewable resource available in abundance often causes us to think of it as much as possible. But everything comes with its limitations.
Solar energy also becomes harmful if not used in calculated ways. Specialized equipment and proper surveillance are required to ensure it does not cause any damage. Hence, it must be ascertained that the devices and equipment trusted with electric safety meet satisfactory quality criteria.
At VNT, we design trustworthy solutions that satisfy our customer demands and stand firm with their quality and efficiency.
Contact us to inculcate our solutions to your business or individual projects.